This policy explains how we collect, store and use personal data about you when you browse www.sailingclubmanager.com (the “SailingClubManager website"), use the SailingClubManager application (“SailingClubManager") or otherwise provide your personal data to us.
By visiting, logging into, registering or using SailingClubManager and the SailingClubManager website, you agree that it's okay for us to collect, use and transfer your information (including your personal data) under the terms of this policy. If you're not happy with this or don't want to be bound by this policy any longer, please do not continue to use or enter your details on the SailingClubManager website, or use SailingClubManager (by free trial or by subscription).
When we say your “personal data," we mean any information that identifies any person that you set up as a User during your trial period, after you subscribe, or contained in any other information that you provide to us. Your “personal data" may also be contained in information that we collect about you in connection with your use of the SailingClubManager website and/or SailingClubManager. The club data that you enter into SailingClubManager isn't part of the “personal data" discussed here, unless it identifies a person – for more information about your financial data, jump ahead to the next section. When it comes to your personal data, we comply with our respective obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act")
Information you provide – Your personal data includes the information you provide when you sign up for an account or sign up to receive our emails, or when you answer questionnaires, surveys, enter competitions or provide information in your account profile, on the SailingClubManager website, or during a support enquiry about you and/or your organisation.
Examples of this personal data include your name, your email address, contact and/or employee names; and any correspondence when you contact us.
Information we collect – We collect information about your website usage, to improve our service and to understand trends. Some of this data may be “personal data", where it identifies a person. Here's the information that we collect and how we use it:
- We monitor patterns of usage, such as login dates and volumes of data, so we can understand how people are using SailingClubManager to develop and improve our products.
- We also monitor patterns of usage so that we can tailor any communications that you have asked us to send you. For example, we may tailor your newsletter with information about product features that you haven't tried yet, instead of features that you use frequently.
- For security reasons and to aid in monitoring patterns of usage, we may log your IP address when you use the website. This is your computer's individual identification number that is assigned to your computer when connected to the Internet.
- We monitor traffic information when you visit our site or read our e-mails, including things like page visits, e-mail clicks, purchases, referring sites, and video viewings. We use this information to improve our website, promotions, and to understand customer purchasing behaviour.
Club Data – it's yours, you own and control it.
In addition to your personal data, we will also hold data that you enter into SailingClubManager. Examples of your data include your organisation's contacts, boats, memberships, sales invoices and bank transactions.
You own all of the data you enter or upload into SailingClubManager, and have ultimate control over who has access to it. For example, if you want to give your committee members, staff and/or professional advisers access to your data, you can switch on their access in SailingClubManager. Keep in mind, however, that with great power comes great responsibility – it is your job to safeguard your password and account access.
How we use your personal data & club data.
This section details how we use your personal data and your club data.
Providing SailingClubManager We use your personal data to enable us to provide you with access to SailingClubManager and the SailingClubManager website. It will also enable us to contact you by email, fax, post, SMS, social media or telephone where necessary concerning SailingClubManager. Should you choose to use parts of SailingClubManager that involve providing your personal and/or club data to third parties, then your personal and/or club data will be shared in that way. We may use third parties to assist us in providing SailingClubManager from time to time, and in those cases may pass on your personal and/or club data to them. In such cases we will only share your data with third parties that we trust, and where there are assurances in place as to how they will protect the data .
Improving SailingClubManager - We will also use and analyse your personal data so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business, customer service and the features of the SailingClubManager website and SailingClubManager generally. We may use third parties to assist us in doing these things from time to time, and in those cases may pass on your personal and/or club data to them. We will only share your data with third parties that we trust, and where there are assurances in place as to how they will protect the data.
Providing Insights - We monitor anonymous, aggregated information about club, membership and boat data so that we can produce insights about clubs and class associations. For example, based on an anonymous, aggregate data analysis, we may produce a white paper that reports how long clubs wait for dues to be paid. We may share these insights with customers, on our blog or other promotional material, use them internally to improve our product and communications, or share with other interested third parties. Just to be clear – we will never identify you or your club in such communications or white papers, and will never report data in such a way that your club could be identified.
Making Contact - We may use your personal data to contact you by email, fax, post, SMS, social media and/or telephone to notify you about important changes or developments to the SailingClubManager website or SailingClubManager, or to let you know about our other SailingClubManager and/or third party services, content, or product ranges which may be of interest to you. We may also use your data to enable us to tailor these notifications (in order to make sure what we are sending you is relevant). By using SailingClubManager or the SailingClubManager website, you are consenting to this use of your data. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, that's no problem – just contact us using the details below. To stop receiving emails from SailingClubManager itself (for example, a reminder that your subscription is expiring), you should cancel your SailingClubManager account.
Cookies - We may further use, or permit selected third parties to use, your personal data to enable us to track and analyse SailingClubManager website traffic and visitor trends and improve your browsing experience. For further details, please see our Cookies Policy. By using the SailingClubManager website or SailingClubManager you are consenting to this use of your personal data. If you do not want us to use your personal data in this way, please see the Cookies Policy for more information.
You can export your club data anytime.
You can have a copy of your club data as an XML or CSV file whenever you like – this will include your contacts, boats, membership details, transactions, invoices, and bank payments. We recommend that you use the export functionality to keep a backup of your data. While we regularly back up your data (see our security section), we can't restore backups on an individual basis.
You can also ask us for a copy of your personal data that we hold (see “Your Rights" below).
You can delete your club data at any time.
You have the option to delete all of your club data at any time, using the “Delete all data" option in the settings area of SailingClubManager. You can use this option before cancelling a SailingClubManager account, or to reset SailingClubManager after loading test data during your free trial. After you delete your data, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. Generally, we will retain your club data and personal data for a reasonable period, or for as long as the law requires.
We highly recommend that you export your data before cancelling, since many countries (including the UK) require you retain your business records going back many years, even if you have finished trading.
If your free trial expires, it is not automatically cancelled within our system. We will retain historical details about your payments to SailingClubManager for accounting purposes, because we need to do so by law.
We don't store your credit card details.
You control sharing of personal data & financial data.
You have the option within your account to share your data with people that you trust – for example, you can add additional users to your account. We will not share your data with a third-party unless you authorise it (by choosing to do so within SailingClubManager, or as detailed in this policy).
When you visit the SailingClubManager website or sign up for SailingClubManager, you authorise us to share your data (personal data and financial data) with others in certain circumstances:
- We will share your data as set out in this policy, for example in the section above called “How We Use Your Data".
- We may disclose your data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of the SailingClubManager website and SailingClubManager, where relevant, to maintain, improve and manage the SailingClubManager website and SailingClubManager, but this will not include your personal data.
- We may also disclose your data in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. We may also exchange other information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may share your data with partners who help us carry out our day-to-day provision of SailingClubManager, or who help us improve SailingClubManager. Examples of these functions include e-mail, providing marketing assistance and data analysis, handling credit card transactions, fulfilling orders and providing customer service. In these circumstances we will make sure that these partners have the right measures in place to protect your data.
- Finally, we reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement officials in the investigation of alleged unlawful activities of SailingClubManager website users or relating to SailingClubManager users. We will have no legal liability for such disclosures of your information.
The SailingClubManager website and/or SailingClubManager may, from time-to-time, contain links to and from the websites or services of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites or services, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.
Your Data's Security
When you use SailingClubManager, you will enter information about your club and members and financial transactions between the club and members and other customers. You may also upload or automatically import electronic bank statements, or manually enter transaction data. We are very aware that this information is sensitive and we are very careful about how we store it.
We partner with secure sites.
All data you provide to us is stored securely on our servers. Where we pass your data to third parties, we do so over a secure connection.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the SailingClubManager website or SailingClubManager itself, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the SailingClubManager website, or through SailingClubManager itself; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- You can unsubscribe from our promotional email communications at any time by just clicking the unsubscribe link in any email, or by emailing us at hello@SailingClubManager.com. If you have a SailingClubManager account, you will still receive any essential e-mails from us about your service, including notifications from the application and notificiations about your billing and subscription.
- You have the right to request a copy of personal data we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us or send us an email – just use the contact details below. We may charge you £10 for providing this information to cover our administration costs.
- To provide the highest level of customer service we need accurate customer information. You can help by informing us whenever your circumstances change. You can ask us to correct incorrect personal data about you by writing to or emailing us at support@SailingClubManager.com.
- You can find detailed information about your rights under UK Data Protection legislation on the UK Information Commissioner's website at www.ico.gov.uk.
Changes to this policy.
We may edit this policy from time to time. Please check this policy regularly for any changes. We will post all changes here, and if we make any substantial changes we may also notify you by email.
For the purposes of the Act, the data controller is BoxStuff Ltd. Should you wish to contact us in connection with this policy, please contact support@SailingClubManager.com.
Last updated 10:27 on 14 December 2017