Best Practices - Access Policies
Each club / class organization is unique. Best practice for setting up admin access policies can vary, but if your club is large enough and has the appropriate member talent pool, a possible set is as follows:
- Secretary - responsible for Contact and Membership records, and Polling
- WebMaster - responsible for Website Content and Configuration, Forums and Classifieds
- DockMaster and/or Dry Storage Chair - responsible for Boats, Berths and Spaces and Berth Allocation records
- Fleet Captains - responsible for setting up racing calendar, Duty Roster, Qualifications and Trophy Tracker
- Scoring Officer / Chair - responsible for Results
- Social Secretary / Chair - responsible for setting up social Calendar, Bookings and Tickets
- Vice Commodore - responsible for Tasks and Resources
- Shop Chair - responsible for products and orders
- Treasurer and/or Assistant Treasurer - responsible for invoices, banking and financial reports
Each of the above admins would have create / edit / delete access to their areas of responsibilities and view / list access to everything else. Each of the above admins would have create / edit / delete / list / view access to Comms Mailings and SMS.
The SCM lead individual at your club / class organization would have full / unrestricted access to everything. As a backup, the Commodore and/or Past Commodore would also have full /unrestricted access to everything.
Your organization may have some of these roles combined and/or split out into finer groupings. The above is a recommended starting point.
Last updated 16:52 on 14 November 2022